Gain insight into antimicrobial resistance, learn about the threats it poses to wound care, and explore preventative measures.
The start date of the e-learning course will be taylored your schedule - attend it today or whenever it suits your calendar.
EWMA & BSAC course receives Highly Commended at the Antimicrobial Guardian Award
It is with great pride, that we can announce, that the EWMA|BSAC e-learning course on Antimicrobial Stewardship in Wound Management has been recognised as highly commended at the Antimicrobial Guardian Awards in the category Multi-Country Collaboration.
To date the course has had over 8000 learners join the course, 99% of learners said the course met or exceeded their expectations and 98% said they gained new knowledge or skills from the course. We are honored to have this important course recognized by the Award Committee.
Learn how to manage wound infection as a healthcare professional
It's common to control wound infections with antibiotics. Understanding antimicrobial steweardship is key to preventing antimicrobial resistance and treating a range of infections caused by bacteria, parasites, viruses, and fungi.
On this course, you will explore antimicrobial resistance, learn how to treat it, and understand how this affects the safe management of patients with wounds. You will also learn how to recognise and diagnose wound infections and how to implement infection control measures in your own practice.
- What is Wound Management
- Identification and Diagnosis of Wound Infection
- Management and Prevention of Infection
- Principles of Antimicrobial Stewardship in Wound Management
- Implementation into clinical practice
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you'll be able to...
- Explore antimicrobial stewardship
- Identify signs of infection
- Engage others in your department to carry out antimicrobial stewardship
- Demonstrate infection prevention measures in your own clinical area
- Develop skills to manage wound infections
- Perform antimicrobial stewardship in your own area and prioritise monitoring
Who is the course for?
This course is for healthcare professionals involved in wound management and infection prevention. We look forward to meeting you!