Organising a focus group session in connection with a conference is an outstanding opportunity for industry to gather key opinion leaders for a structured discussion on a topic that is defined by the company in question.
A focus group session gathers a limited number of specifically selected participants. Typically, the participants will be chosen from the delegates of the conference in partnership with the organising company. However, participants may also be specially invited for a Focus group.
Form and Content
The invited group participants, usually a maximum of 8-12 persons, are asked about their perceptions, opinons, beliefs, and attitudes towards a product, service, concept, advertisement or idea. Presentations and discussions take place in an interactive group setting where participants are encouraged to openly discuss with other group members. Duration: 1-1.5 hours.
Focus groups are interesting for companies, who:
- Are interested in feedback on productsor clinical studies
- Would like to establish contact to keyopinion leaders
- Are new to the European market orgeneral aspects of market access
- Need feedback on potentialapplications of existing products
- Are about to launch a new product
The programme for a focus group discussion typically contains the following steps:
- The moderator, or someone else, who is familiar with the topic, makes an introduction and points out the areas of interest or challenges faced;
- Group discussion, which should beguided by the moderator in order to secure that the relevant topics are covered;
- Optional: A summary of the discussion.
- The moderator is typically a clinician, a company representative or a marketing consultant. The moderator is chosen by the hosting company.
If you would like to use a clinician as moderator we will be able to help you identify someone and to establish the contact.
Focus Group Fee €10,000
Most often, the requested key opinion leaders will already be present at the conference. In this case a focus group is a very cost-effective way of arranging a meeting with key stakeholders in order to gather information that the company is currently in need of. If the company wishes to invite participants not already present at the Conference, additional cost related to registration,accommodation and travelling must be considered. Depending on the choice of moderator for the session, some additional expenses might also have to be considered.
Practical Organisation of the Focus Group
The overall purpose and the specific programme of each focus group will have to be agreed individually and is typically developed in close collaboration with the conference secretariat.
The conference secretariat will take care of all the practical organisation of the focus group session.