Bulgarian Wound Association
БЪЛГАРСКА АСОЦИАЦИЯ ЗА РАНИТЕ
Contact info and web site:
12-16, Dragan Tzankov Blvd., Floor 6, App.28
Name of President:
Cooperating Organisation board representative:
Articles in EWMA Journal:
No. of Members:
Year of foundation:
Main purpose/objective of the association:
The purpose of BWA is to support the establishment of widely accessible health survices of sufficient quality to patients with acute and chronic wounds.
The main objectives of BWA are:
- Introduction of clinical standards and good practices in the field of wound care;
- Roll-out of projects to improve the regulatory base and the capacity of the healthcare system, concerning the health services to patients with difficult-to-treat wounds;
- Introduction of training programmes in the field of wound care;
- Launch of awareness campaigns for patients and general public;
- Establishment of sustainable platform for exchange of professional know-how in the field of wound care, among medical professionals;
- Communication and collaboration with Bulgarian and international institutions, and with the industry.
An electronic newsletter is planned to be published regularly on the web site of BWA: www.woundbulgaria.org
Regular annual symposia at national level will be held, apart from training events, and other activity.