World Hand Hygiene Day: Joint ICN-EWMA programme
EWMA has joined forces with the International Council of Nurses (ICN) to support the World Health Organization’s campaign aimed at raising awareness among healthcare professionals and of the critical importance of hand hygiene in improving patient outcomes and strengthening healthcare systems.
- WHO campaign web page and materials can be found here www.who.int/gpsc/5may/2017/en/
- Health facilities can sign up to the WHO campaign here www.who.int/gpsc/5may/register/en/
A joint campaign and programme will take place during the EMWA 2017 Conference in Amsterdam (3-5 May) and the ICN 2017 Conference in Barcelona (27 May – 2 June).
We look forward to welcoming you in the World Hand Hygiene booth in the EWMA 2017 Exhibition (Booth number 3D10) , or in the campaign workshop:
Workshop: Clean hands – clean wounds:
Friday 5 May 10.15-11.15
- The WHO hand Hygiene Campaign- introduction
Speaker: Enrique Castro Sanchez, Global IPC Unit, World Health Organization
- Role of hand hygiene in the management of surgical wounds
Speaker: Valya Weston, Infection Prevention Society
- How to reduce transmission and infection by multi drug resistant organisms in wounds across health care settings
Speaker: Enrique Castro Sanchez, Consultant, Global IPC Unit, World Health Organization
- Best practice for improving hand hygiene
Speaker: Erica Ehrhardt, International Council of Nurses