EWMA Innovation Competition
The EWMA innovation competition aims to support start-ups and spinouts within wound healing wishing to bring their solutions to the market for the benefits of the patients.
The objectives of the competition are to:
- Highlight innovative tech-enabled solutions with the potential to dramatically increase the quality and effectiveness of wound care.
- Demonstrate scalable models that improve the quality of wound care for the patients.
- Create strong and distributable learnings that can be leveraged broadly beyond the organizations involved.
We envision these solutions to be practical and implementable on at least a pilot basis within 0 – 3 years. We are seeking approaches that have the potential to improve the quality of wound care while lowering the cost and complexity of providing services to patients.
The criteria for the participating companies and projects are as follows:
- Founded not earlier than 2017
- Max number of employees 30
- A company to be legally registered in Europe – or project a potential spinout from Europe
- Be physically available for a pitch presentation at EWMA Innovation Forum
- Has registered for EWMA 2023
The reward will consist in the following:
- A financial price of 10.000 € for the winner made available by the EWMA Innovation Competition sponsor Alira Health
- 2 hours of free consultancy from the EWMA start-up support team
- Highlight presentation in the EWMA newsletter going out to more than 20.000 subscribers
- Presentation in Journal of Wound Management
The winner of the competition will be announced during the EWMA Innovation Forum 5 May 2023, Milan
Instructions for participation
Your participation in the EWMA Innovation Competition requires submitting the online entry form. By doing this, you explicitly agree that the information can be made available for evaluation by an EWMA Innovation Committee.
The final evaluation will be based on a pitch at EWMA Innovation Forum.
Please observe the following:
- The content must be written in English.
- Include only information relevant to each section heading.
- We are evaluating your solution, not your company. Focus on your solution.
- Beware that drafts cannot be saved in the process.
To facilitate your work please find here a pdf with the questions and max number of characters (when mentioned) so you can prepare the text in advance.
- Be aware that you will not receive an email from the system upon finalization. However, a confirmation will be shown on your screen.
By submitting this form, you confirm that you have read, understood, and agreed to the rules of participation.
In case you have any questions write to email@example.com
- End of February 2023: Deadline for submitting online entry form
- March 1 – April 28, 2023: EWMA Innovation Committee evaluates incoming proposals
- May 5, 2023: Pitching at EWMA Innovation Forum
- May 5, 2023: EWMA Innovation Committee finalizes the evaluations
- May 5, 2023: Winner announced at the EWMA Innovation Forum
All participants will within 2 weeks after the EWMA Innovation Forum receive a summary of their respective evaluations.