The programme is subject to change.
EWMA 2017 includes a mixture of new topics which are important to the European wound community
in addition to topics that have had enourmous appeal during previous EWMA conferences.
The sessions deal with advancement of education and research in relation
to epidermiology, pathology, diagnosis, prevention and management of wounds.
The key sessions this year cover EWMA focus areas including:
- Surgical site infections across sectors – what can be done to improve prevention?
- Use of oxygen therapies in wound care - EWMA document release
- Healing wounds, saving limbs - Management of arterial ulcers
- Quality of care and cost effectiveness
- Microbiology of wounds. From basic to clinical Science
- CHRONIC WOUNDS IN THE FRAGILE AGING PATIENT - Joint key session of EWMA and ISTAP
- Psychological impact of chronic illness or chronic wounds?
The full-day streams are particularly popular among EWMA conference delegates,
as they foster more in-depth discussions. Planned streams for EWMA 2017 are:
The conference will feature a 2-day Dutch program as well as several key sessions,
streams and workshops simultaneously translated from English to Dutch.
A number of workshops will be offered at EWMA 2017.
The workshops are typically held in a smaller setting than key sessions and free paper sessions.
They will cover topics as:
- Oncological wounds and focus on breast cancer
- Care of burn patients who are not hospitalized in a burncentre
- Eczema in leg ulcer patients
- Diabetic foot – assessments, offloading and footwear
- Positioning patients with pressure ulcers
- How to read a paper - critics and feedback
EWMA will invite different organisations to present a guest session at EWMA 2017.
This serves to increase awareness and also to allow conference participants to learn
more about activities related to wound healing and management. It also serves to increase
scientific cooperation and networking with organisations active in thematic issues related to
wound healing and management.
Abstracts for free paper and E-poster presentation
Abstracts for oral presentation and electtronic poster presentation can be submitted
for any topic in wound healing and wound management.
Primary categories are:
Acute Wounds - Antimicrobials - Basic Science - Burns - Devices & Intervention
Diabetic Foot - Dressings - Education - e-Health - Health Economics & Outcome - Home Care
Infection - Leg Ulcer - Negative pressure Wound Therapy - Nutrition - Pain - Pressure Ulcer
Prevention - Quality of Life - Wound Assessment - Case Studies (e-posters only)
Professional Communication (e-posters only)
All abstracts should be submitted online at www.ewma2017.org
We look forward welcoming you to 3 exciting conference days!