Hellenic Society of Wound Healing and Chronic Ulcers
Ελληνική Εταιρεία Επούλωσης Τραυμάτων και Ελκών
Contact info and web site:
Web site: www.hswh.gr
Name of President:
Dr Dimosthenis Tsoutsos
Dr. Georgia Koulermou, vice president
Dr Georgios Vasilopoulos, general secretary
Varvara Zacharioudaki, treasurer
Dr Evaggelos Dimakakos, member
Dr Ioannis Kalemikerakis, member
Dr Εmmanuel Papadopoulos, member
Cooperating Organisation board representative:
Articles in EWMA Journal:
No. of Members:
Year of foundation:
Main purpose/objective of the association:
- To cooperate closely with the relevant national and European authorities for the improvement of services to patients with chronic tissue deficits.
- The promotion of prevention by giving best training on health professionals.
- The reduction of treatment costs and the improvement of quality of life of these patients
- To promote continuing education, both health professionals and the public concerned by organizing educational events.
- To contribute in establishing cooperation between national level professionals and international organizations.
- To promote research in this area, having the ability for sponsored research programs.
- To provide advisory and educational services to patients and their relatives, agencies and health care professionals.
- To improve wound care standards for patients.
The national congress of wound healing and chronic ulcers every 2 years, the next one will take place in Athen March 2019. Check EWMA Calendar for updates.
Several other educational programs or seminars organized be HSWH or other Scientific or Professional Organizations.