Hellenic Society of Wound Healing and Chronic Ulcers
Ελληνική Εταιρεία Επούλωσης Τραυμάτων και Ελκών
Contact info and web site:
Web site: www.hswh.gr
Name of President:
Ourania Castana, vice president
Maria Charcharidou, general secretary
Sofia Diamanti, treasurer
Georgios Vasilopoulos, member
Dimosthenis Tsoutsos, member
Eleftherios Vogiatzoglou, member
Cooperating Organisation board representative:
Articles in EWMA Journal:
No. of Members:
Year of foundation:
Main purpose/objective of the association:
- To cooperate closely with the relevant national and European authorities for the improvement of services to patients with chronic tissue deficits.
- The promotion of prevention by giving best training on health professionals.
- The reduction of treatment costs and the improvement of quality of life of these patients
- To promote continuing education, both health professionals and the public concerned by organizing educational events.
- To contribute in establishing cooperation between national level professionals and international organizations.
- To promote research in this area, having the ability for sponsored research programs.
- To provide advisory and educational services to patients and their relatives, agencies and health care professionals.
- To improve wound care standards for patients.
The national congress of wound healing and chronic ulcers every 2 years, the last one was the 6th Panhellenic Wound Healing and Chronic Ulcers Congress in 2013.
Several other educational programs or seminars organized be HSWH or other Scientific or Professional Organizations.