EWMA 2019 includes a mixture of new topics which are important to the European wound community
in addition to topics that have had enourmous appeal during previous EWMA conferences.
The sessions deal with the advancement of education and research in relation to the epidemiology, pathology, diagnosis, prevention, and management of wounds. Although mainly theoretical, key sessions will include time for discussion among lecturers and audiences.
The key sessions cover:
- Opening Key Session: Person-centred Wound Care. Who is in Charge of the Wound?
- Pressure Ulcer Prevention
- Translational Science and Clinical Opportunities (for clinicians): Basic Science Key Session
- Catastrophe and War Wounds
- Patient Involvement and Patient Safety
- Multidisciplinarity and Organization
- Atypical Wounds Key Session
- Surgical Treatment of Chronic Wounds
- Economy of Wound Management
- Surgical Site Infection
- Managing and Preventing Birth Related Wounds and Post-Caesarean Section Infection