Paulo Alves, Council member
RN, Graduated Nurse
MsC in education
ICS - UCP - Health Sciences Institute
Porto - Catholic University of Portugal
Date of Birth: 23 December 1977
- Assistant teacher on the Heatlh Science Institute - Porto - Catholic University of Portugal, Catholic Nursing Center
Academic education & Training
- Bachelor: Nursing E. S. Enf. Santa Maria 1999
- Graduate: Nursing E. S. Enf. Santa Maria 2000
- Post Graduate: Acupuncture, University Escorial, Madrid 2003
- Post Graduate: Administration and Education, University Portucalense 2004
- Post Graduate: Specialist in Health Community Nursing, E. S. Enf. Santa Maria 2006
- Master in Education
Previous employments and professional experience
- RN, Hospital Pedro Hispano, Medicine D, Matosinhos – Portugal. 1999
- RN, Graduate Nurse, Hospital S. João, Intensive Care Surgery Unit, Porto – Portugal. 2000 to 2003
- Lecturer, Dental Prothesis, Anatomy and Fisiology, European School of Professional Formation, Braga – Portugal. 2002 to 2005
- RN, Graduate Nurse, Hospital S. João, Post-anesthesia Unit, Porto – Portugal. 2003 to 2004
- Assistent Lecturer, Nursing School, Clinical Practice Medicine – Surgery, Porto – Portugal. 2004
- RN, Graduate Nurse, Hospital S. João, Polyvalent Intensive Care Unit, Porto – Portugal. 2004 to 2006
- Invited Assistant Lecturer, Medical – Surgical Specialization, University CESPU, Gandra – Portugal. 2006 to 2007
- Invited Assistant Lecturer, Post-Graduation Diabetic Foot, Universitat Barcelona, Barcelona – Spain. 2007
- Invited Assistant Lecturer, Post-Graduation Wound Treatment, University Atlântica, Lisboa – Portugal. 2008
- RN, Graduate Nurse, Centro Hospitalar Vila Nova de Gaia, Polyvalent Intensive Care Unit, V.N. Gaia – Portugal. 2006 to 09/2009
- Member Researh Participation as Speaker in Congress, Symposiums and Workshops
- Member of the Experts of Wound Treatment, Manual of Good Practice in Wound Treatment, Portuguese Departement of Health
- Founder and Editor of the APTFeridas Internet Site since 2006
- Member of the redaction Board of APTFeridas Magazine
- Member group of research in Pressure Ulcers and Leg Ulcers
- Coordinator of the Pressure Ulcers Group of the APTFeridas
- Reviewer of scientific journals
- Member of Portuguese Red Cross, volunteer Nurse since 1999
- Trustee EPUAP – European Pressure Ulcer Advisory Panel, since 2007
- Member of Council of EWMA from 2008 to date
- Member of Scientific Committee of EWMA from 2008 to date
- Member of APTFeridas – Portuguese Wound Management Association, board since 2008
- Member of APNEP – Portuguese Association of Nutrition, since 2008
- Founder and Member of Council of SILAHUE
- Founder and Member of SPHE – Portuguese Society of History of Nursing
- 2002 Alves, P, et all – Ser Idoso - 1º Edition. Lisboa, Grunenthal Publications
- 2003 Alves, P, et all – Ser Idoso - 2º Edition. Lisboa, Grunenthal Publications
- 2004 Alves, P, et all – Guia do Idoso. Lisboa, Grunenthal Publications
- 2006 Research Project – “Hipertensão Arterial – Projecto Comunitário”. C. S. Soares Reis, E. S. Enf. Santa Maria, Porto
- 2007 Research Project – “Incidência e Prevalência Úlceras de Pressão”. CHVNGaia – ICU. Vila Nova Gaia
- 2007 Research Project – “Support Surfaces - EPUAP International Guidelines – Prevention and Treatement of Pressure Ulcers”. EPUAP
- 2008 Alves, P, Medição Simples – Revista Feridas nº2 – APTFeridas. Porto
- 2008 Alves, P, Guidelines/recomendações Internacionais UP. APENEP, Vol. II / 1.Lisboa
- Alves, Paulo; Carvalho, Miguel; Fontes, Liliana; Santos, Jorge. 2009. "Pressure ulcers prevention: insights from postural adjustments of healthy persons", , In 12TH EPUAP, Amesterdam
- Alves, Paulo J. P; Mota, Filomena M. R. P.; Videira, Rita; Malta, Domingos; Vales, Lúcia. 2009. "Guidelines Internacionais de Prevenção de Úlceras de Pressão", 22 pp.. New York - USA: EPUAP & NPUAP.
- Mota, Rui; Mota, Filomena M. R. P.; Alves, Paulo. 2010. "A Massagem como método de prevenção de Úlceras de Pressão: Sim ou Não?", Revista Nursing, 260: 1 - 7.
- Alves, Paulo. 2011. "Abdominal Wounds, Stomas and Fistulas: Assessment and Impaired Healing", Trabalho apresentado em European Council of Enterostomal Therapists , In 11th ECET, Bologna.
- Alves, Paulo. 2011. "Nurse and Wound Healing", In Acta Vulnologica - Atti X Congresso Nazionale AIUC, Ancona.
- Alves, Paulo. 2011. "Quebras cutâneas: diagnóstico e tratamento", Revista Nursing , 269: 2 - 6.
- Alves, Paulo; Vieira, Margarida. 2011. "Wound Education: Undergraduate teaching in health courses", Trabalho apresentado em EWMA 2011, In EWMA JOURNAL SUPPLEMENT, Bruxelas
Antimicrobials and Non-healing Wounds
Evidence, Controversies and...
The Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the European Wound Management...
The SWAN-iCare consortium aims to develop a conceptually new...