Paulo Alves, Council member
RN, Graduated Nurse
MsC in education
ICS - UCP - Health Sciences Institute
Porto - Catholic University of Portugal
Date of Birth: 23 December 1977
- Assistant teacher on the Heatlh Science Institute - Porto - Catholic University of Portugal, Catholic Nursing Center
Academic education & Training
- Bachelor: Nursing E. S. Enf. Santa Maria 1999
- Graduate: Nursing E. S. Enf. Santa Maria 2000
- Post Graduate: Acupuncture, University Escorial, Madrid 2003
- Post Graduate: Administration and Education, University Portucalense 2004
- Post Graduate: Specialist in Health Community Nursing, E. S. Enf. Santa Maria 2006
- Master in Education
Previous employments and professional experience
- RN, Hospital Pedro Hispano, Medicine D, Matosinhos – Portugal. 1999
- RN, Graduate Nurse, Hospital S. João, Intensive Care Surgery Unit, Porto – Portugal. 2000 to 2003
- Lecturer, Dental Prothesis, Anatomy and Fisiology, European School of Professional Formation, Braga – Portugal. 2002 to 2005
- RN, Graduate Nurse, Hospital S. João, Post-anesthesia Unit, Porto – Portugal. 2003 to 2004
- Assistent Lecturer, Nursing School, Clinical Practice Medicine – Surgery, Porto – Portugal. 2004
- RN, Graduate Nurse, Hospital S. João, Polyvalent Intensive Care Unit, Porto – Portugal. 2004 to 2006
- Invited Assistant Lecturer, Medical – Surgical Specialization, University CESPU, Gandra – Portugal. 2006 to 2007
- Invited Assistant Lecturer, Post-Graduation Diabetic Foot, Universitat Barcelona, Barcelona – Spain. 2007
- Invited Assistant Lecturer, Post-Graduation Wound Treatment, University Atlântica, Lisboa – Portugal. 2008
- RN, Graduate Nurse, Centro Hospitalar Vila Nova de Gaia, Polyvalent Intensive Care Unit, V.N. Gaia – Portugal. 2006 to 09/2009
- Member Researh Participation as Speaker in Congress, Symposiums and Workshops
- Member of the Experts of Wound Treatment, Manual of Good Practice in Wound Treatment, Portuguese Departement of Health
- Founder and Editor of the APTFeridas Internet Site since 2006
- Member of the redaction Board of APTFeridas Magazine
- Member group of research in Pressure Ulcers and Leg Ulcers
- Coordinator of the Pressure Ulcers Group of the APTFeridas
- Reviewer of scientific journals
- Member of Portuguese Red Cross, volunteer Nurse since 1999
- Trustee EPUAP – European Pressure Ulcer Advisory Panel, since 2007
- Member of Council of EWMA from 2008 to date
- Member of Scientific Committee of EWMA from 2008 to date
- Member of APTFeridas – Portuguese Wound Management Association, board since 2008
- Member of APNEP – Portuguese Association of Nutrition, since 2008
- Founder and Member of Council of SILAHUE
- Founder and Member of SPHE – Portuguese Society of History of Nursing
- 2002 Alves, P, et all – Ser Idoso - 1º Edition. Lisboa, Grunenthal Publications
- 2003 Alves, P, et all – Ser Idoso - 2º Edition. Lisboa, Grunenthal Publications
- 2004 Alves, P, et all – Guia do Idoso. Lisboa, Grunenthal Publications
- 2006 Research Project – “Hipertensão Arterial – Projecto Comunitário”. C. S. Soares Reis, E. S. Enf. Santa Maria, Porto
- 2007 Research Project – “Incidência e Prevalência Úlceras de Pressão”. CHVNGaia – ICU. Vila Nova Gaia
- 2007 Research Project – “Support Surfaces - EPUAP International Guidelines – Prevention and Treatement of Pressure Ulcers”. EPUAP
- 2008 Alves, P, Medição Simples – Revista Feridas nº2 – APTFeridas. Porto
- 2008 Alves, P, Guidelines/recomendações Internacionais UP. APENEP, Vol. II / 1.Lisboa
- Alves, Paulo; Carvalho, Miguel; Fontes, Liliana; Santos, Jorge. 2009. "Pressure ulcers prevention: insights from postural adjustments of healthy persons", , In 12TH EPUAP, Amesterdam
- Alves, Paulo J. P; Mota, Filomena M. R. P.; Videira, Rita; Malta, Domingos; Vales, Lúcia. 2009. "Guidelines Internacionais de Prevenção de Úlceras de Pressão", 22 pp.. New York - USA: EPUAP & NPUAP.
- Mota, Rui; Mota, Filomena M. R. P.; Alves, Paulo. 2010. "A Massagem como método de prevenção de Úlceras de Pressão: Sim ou Não?", Revista Nursing, 260: 1 - 7.
- Alves, Paulo. 2011. "Abdominal Wounds, Stomas and Fistulas: Assessment and Impaired Healing", Trabalho apresentado em European Council of Enterostomal Therapists , In 11th ECET, Bologna.
- Alves, Paulo. 2011. "Nurse and Wound Healing", In Acta Vulnologica - Atti X Congresso Nazionale AIUC, Ancona.
- Alves, Paulo. 2011. "Quebras cutâneas: diagnóstico e tratamento", Revista Nursing , 269: 2 - 6.
- Alves, Paulo; Vieira, Margarida. 2011. "Wound Education: Undergraduate teaching in health courses", Trabalho apresentado em EWMA 2011, In EWMA JOURNAL SUPPLEMENT, Bruxelas
In a newly published report the European Parliament urges EU member...
Today November 18, Europe marks the annual European Antibiotic...
Would you like to present orally or via posters at the 2014...
EWMA supports the "Stop Pressure Ulcer Day" initiative....
EWMA has the pleasure of presenting the October edition of EWMA...