EWMA Patient Outcome Group
The EWMA Patient Outcome Group (POG) was created in 2008. Members of the group have a clinical scientific background, including both clinicians and representatives from companies working within wound healing.
The overall objective of the group is to address topics such as structure of treatment as well as the quality of traditional clinical trials and evidence in wound care. The group is concerned with the approval and reimbursement of wound care services including the regulation of patient access to high quality wound management.
Primary objectives of the group are to:
- Identify barriers to implementation of evidence based guidelines in wound healing
- Develop or identify guidelines for clinical investigations in wound care
- Participate in the public debates and address policy making on pan-European and national level
- Create and implement consensus (in collaboration with clinicians, companies, reimbursement authorities, European collaborative groups and institutions) on various aspects of wound management
Membersof the group include:
- Jan Apelqvist (Chair), Sweden
- Martin Abel (Co chair, industry), Germany
- Mark Collier, UK
- Luc Gryson, Belgium
- Christian Münter, Germany
- Salla Seppänen, Finland
- José Verdú Soriano, Spain
- Alberto Piaggesi, Italy
Industry representatives from:
- BSN Medical
- Lohmann & Rauscher
- Mölnlycke Health Care
- Smith & Nephew
Previous projects of the EWMA Patient Outcome Group:
- EWMA Document on evidence and outcome measures in wound care (Publ. 2010).
- EWMA Study Recommendations - for clinical investigations in leg ulcers and wound care (Publ. 2014).