Faculty of Health and Society
Department of Care Science
Academic education & Training
- 1984: Bachelor exam in Falun, Sweden, 3-årig humanistisk linje. Languages: English, German and Spanish
- 1989: Registered Nurse at Vårdhögskolan Lund/Helsingborg.
- 1998: Nursing Specialist Course Community Nursing, Public Health (45 weeks).
- 2000: 10 weeks Specialist course: Clinical trials for Nurses (including GCP). Lund University Department of infectious Diseases
- 2002-06-01: Diabetes Nursing, Malmö University (15 ECT).
- 2003-03-18: Master degree in Nursing, Malmö University.
- 2003: Rhetoric Malmö University (7,5 ECT).
- 2005-01-10: English for professional purposes Malmö University (15 ECT).
- 2006-01-01- 2011-10-28 PhD-student at Malmö University, Faculty of Health and Society
- Research methods 6 ECT
- Statistical Modeling 7,5 ECT
- Informatics and Ethics 9 ECT
- Qualitative methods 7,5 ECT
- Pedagogics as Science 15 HCP
- Health care pedagogics 7,5 HCP
- Health Economics 7,5 HCP
- 2011-10-28 Doctoral degree in Nursing Science, Malmö University
Previous employments & professional experience:
- 1990 Jan - 1994 Aug: Worked as a RN at the Department of Medicine at the University Hospital, Lund (diabetology, cardiology, internal medicine).
- 1990 June: Worked as a Registered Nurse at the Salvation Army Hospital Harry Williams in Cochabamba, Bolivia.
- 1994-1995:Worked as a RN at the Heart Center, Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen Ward for Heart- and Lung transplants.
- 1995-1996:Ward Nurse (including administrative tasks) at the Salvation Army´s Home for elderly in Copenhagen, Denmark.
- 1997: RN at Kirseberg Nursing home, Malmö
- 1997 Sep: Study Nurse at the Xendos-study, Lund University Hospital, Department of Medicine
- 1998-2001:Research nurse for Dr Anders Frid, Lund University Hospital, Department of Medicine
- 1998 Jun-Aug:Community Nurse at the Health Care Center Törnrosen, Rosengård, Malmö
- 2002 Jun-Aug:District Nurse in Helsingborg primary home care.
2001-01-01-2008-02-12:Study Nurse coordinator at Öresund Diabetes Team AB, Ideon Science Park, Lund. Working tasks: Conduct Clinical Trials according to GCP, Research and Development (R&D), Lead, plan and conduct diabetes education programs
2008-02-13: Study Nurse at Malmö University Hospital, Department of Endocrinology. Working tasks: Conduct Clinical Trials according to GCP, Research and Development (R&D), Lead, plan and conduct diabetes education programs
2011-05-01: Lecturer Diabetes Nursing Malmö University, Faculty of Health and Society, Institution for Nursing Science
1. EURODIALE project
EURODIALE is the first international large scale, study group collecting relevant data using integrated health-services oriented approach - on the topic of the diabetic foot. Moreover, EURODIALE integrates different medical specialists with health care economists and health care organization specialists in an operating network. Aim: To carry out an international joint research program to:
- Define diagnostic and outcome criteria relevant for diabetic foot disease.
- Describe differences in individual and disease specific factors, management strategies and health care organizational aspects (including resource utilization) in Europe .
- Determine their effects on health care consumption.
- Analyze variations in health care models.
- To develop a protocol which can serve as a template for future clinical trials.
EURODIALE started 2002, was funded from EU, and articles are still being written from its result.
Role: Research Nurse, data collection Sweden. Translation of study documents (patient information, ethics application) from English to Swedish and Danish.
2. SEND-study: Study on European Nurses in Diabetes
The Federation of European Nurses in Diabetes (FEND) and Dr Bert Vrijhoef, Study Principal Investigator at Maastricht University Medical Centre. Funded by University of Maastricht and FEND.
Aims and outline of the study:
The aim of SEND is to investigate the nature, volume, work setting, case mix and workload of diabetes nursing care in eight countries across Europe. In doing so, SEND aims to provide scientific data on the quantity and quality of the workforce of DSNs in Europe. To achieve this, this study aims to answer the following question:
Role: Research Nurse, data collection and data management for Sweden. Translation of study documents from English to Swedish and Spanish.
3. Diabetes in Dalarna A longitudinal cohort study of 18 000 patients in a regional diabetes register.
Role: Study designer.
- Member of SFSD (Svensk Förening för Sjuksköterskor i Diabetesvård)
- Member of Swedish Nurses’ Association
- Member of FEND (Foundation of European Nurses in Diabetes)
- Member of FEND’s Executive Committee, 2001-2008
- Chairman of the FEND Abstract Committee (2002- ongoing)
- Representing FEND in European Coalition for Diabetes 2009- 2010
- Member of EWMA (European Wound Management Association)
- Member of DIAMAP (Road map for Diabetes Research in Europe) FSG 7 Horizontal issues
- Member of Editorial Advisory Panel of Treatment Strategies EASD review 2009-2011
- Member of Bayer Advisory Board Nurse Panel Meeting 2008-2012
Co editor of European Diabetes Nursing 2012- ongoing
List of publications